A leak in your roof should always be taken seriously. Roof leaks are one of the most common problems, but they can also cause a lot of damage if not fixed quickly. Seams in the ceiling may reveal where leaks are originating, as well as black streaks caused by moisture running down exterior walls or inside bathroom tiles.
If you have more than one leak, chances are there is damage all over, so it is important to find them all right away. Once you know what areas of your home are being affected by the leaks, you can go about finding their source and repairing it.
Follow these easy steps to make sure you detect a roof leak before it’s too late:
- Look carefully at your ceiling for any signs of water spots, flaking paint, or bubbling wallpaper. If you see any of these, your problem may lie in the roof cavity.
- For visible leaks, inspect the eaves troughs to ensure that they are draining properly; this runs right under the tiles, so damage to the gutters might cause leaks here as well. You can use a flashlight to look into dark crevices where dirt build-up reduces their ability to channel away water efficiently.
- Note any cracks or mold on interior walls or ceilings. These cracks could be caused by climbing pipes that push the walls away from the ceiling and allow for leaks to form around them as well as other weak points below the roof.
- A good hack to identifying a leak is by using a hose or spigot and following it along until you find where its source is. Carefully examine your roof for wear spots and rust on gutters, rusty nails, loose shingles, curled or broken shingles, as well as any missing pieces of shingle roofs – all of which can be signs that there may be a serious problem with your roof.
- Check flashing around skylights, chimneys, and other roof elements for damage, such as blistering paint, which is a sign of water penetration. The surrounding area should also be checked for corrosion.
- Check shingles and make sure there is no granule loss or cracking at its edges; if you see any problems here, this will indicate that it’s time to install new shingles soon.
If you find any leaks, make sure to act quickly; the last thing you want is for water damage to occur in your home! A quick fix like flashing or caulking might help temporarily, but only professional roofers can properly size the problem and provide a permanent solution. This will also allow them to check whether there are other problems on your roof which could become worse if they’re ignored.
Professional Roofing Contractors In Wichita, KS
If you think you have found a possible leak area but cannot identify it completely, then reach out to Apex Remodeling & Contracting. We will take a look for you. Our roofing experts will accurately pinpoint the location of any leaks and quickly recommend any necessary action with your home’s roof.
We’ll provide you with accurate estimates based on our inspection of your property, roof type, and tiles used so that we can advise on the best course of action. We’ll also advise you on whether it’s time to replace your tiles or if the current ones are still in good shape.
With us, you get peace of mind knowing that our professionals will treat your home with the utmost care and respect. Catch roof leaks now to save money and prevent any further damage.